Saturday, January 2, 2010

Change is a-comin'

2010 is starting off with a bang. This week, my little life will change forever. First, I will welcome my daughter (sorry but her name is under wraps until the big day). I cannot wait to meet her. For those of you who've never heard the Libby pregnancy story, I was several months pregnant with her before I knew I was pregnant (I know, I know- there's now a tv show dedicated to this very thing). Needless to say, by the time she arrived I simply didnt' feel ready. I mean, her room was complete, her clothes were all washed, her carseat was installed, etc. But mentally, I just hadn't had long enough to wrap my mind around the million and one ways in which my life would change when I became a mom. Well, this pregnancy has been different in almost every way possible. I've known I was pregnant since the middle of May......to say that feels like a lifetime ago is quite the understatement. And now, nine months later, I could not be more ready for this little girl's arrival. I am so ready to see her little face, count her fingers and toes, and squeeze, squeeze, squeeze her. I honestly don't think I've ever been more excited about anything in my life- and if you know me and my HUGE emotions, that's really saying a lot. And in case having a baby this week isn't enough, it's also the week I turn the big 3-0. I'd always thought this event would be spent somewhere sunny and warm, preferably somewhere that includes sand and seagulls. However, God obviously found this quite humorous and had other plans for my big day. I will now turn thirty in the hospital and will forever share my birthday (ok, so we'll be two days apart) with my daughter. The funny thing is- I don't mind one little bit. So, to the few of you who read this blog, my next post is guaranteed to be a big 'un. I'll be a year older (though don't hold your breath on my being a year wiser) and will be the proud mother of two rather than one little girls. I promise there will pictures....probably lots of them, and I think it's safe to say I'll have at least one funny Libby story to post about as well. And if you're lucky, I might even throw in my first blog video attachment. :)

3 comments:

  1. What a BIG start to the 2010. You and God never do things calmly...I love it!! Can't wait to see the new addition. I know that she will be perfect. I am praying for EVERYONE..Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi McCall- Happy Birthday to you and Happy Birthday to the Baby-whose-name-we-do-not-yet-know. I can totally relate to not having time to wrap your mind around your first "short" pregnancy. That is what happened to me when we found out we were having two, and then they got here early. Guess what, I was 30 too! The good news is I spent my 40th birthday in New Orleans! We will keep you in our prayers. We want to know EVERYTHING that Libby says about the baby. Love- Trudy and the crew

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday and good luck this week!!!! love you.

    ReplyDelete

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.