Friday, January 22, 2010

Our littlest blessing







I realize it's been over two weeks since the long-awaited big day. Needless to say, I've been one busy girl. Please forgive me...I promise I have a really good, melt-your-heart excuse for not posting sooner.

January 5th is a day I will never forget, nor would I ever want to forget even a minute of it (ok, well maybe the ten or so minutes that I spent overwhelmed with nausea, but other than that, I don't want to forget a thing). Hollyn Reed  was born at 10:33 that morning after what has to have been the easiest c-section ever. Really- we got to the hospital at 9:00 and an hour and a half, an IV, and a few other unmentionables later, I got to FINALLY lay my eyes on one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. She weighed 6 pounds and 12 ounces (yay for 12- it's my favorite number), was 19.5 inches long, and had a head full of dark hair.

Sometimes she looks so much like Libby that I can hardly tell them apart, but she's already proving to be a very different child than Lib in so many ways. She's making her mark as quite the individual. :)

Although I had a section with Libby as well, the two girls made very different entrances into this world. Libby's section was filled with fear, tears, and a whole barrel full of nerves. For Hollyn's, I was calm and felt as prepared as I believe to be possible. To say that she is as perfect as can be is an understatement. Yet an even bigger understatement would be to say that I've fallen madly in love with her. Although those are the strongest words I can find to use to describe how I feel for her, they are nowhere near strong enough. She has filled a place in my heart that I didn't know was still empty...maybe some of the weight I gained during pregnancy was designated to creating this place for her. ;) Regardless, she has joined our family, and I already cannot imagine how we got by for so long without her.

I don't want to jinx us, so let's just say she sleeps well. (Libby didn't sleep more than two hours for ten, yes ten long weeks.) She also eats every meal like she's about to starve and loves to cuddle. She's truly my kind of kid.
She has Lee's hair, my toes, and her big sister's heart in the palm of her hand.
She'll be three weeks old on Tuesday, and I promise to post again by then. However, please understand that my time on the computer is scarce these days-- I'm too busy being in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.