Saturday, March 20, 2010

Ever since I had this baby...

all I've wanted to do is make things. In fact, I've made two super cute Easter gifts for each of the girls (blog to come on that one...can't post pre-Easter b/c the Libster reads my blog, and I'd hate to ruin her much-anticipated surprise).
Anyway, I've been trying out a few new things, and I've found one I really enjoy: applique. I was a little sceptical at first, but after my first attempt turned out well, I realized that this was a completly do-able task for me. AND- get this: I DON'T OWN A SEWING MACHINE! Surprised? So was I....so was my husband....and based on the face below, so was Hollyn.

Attempt numero uno: for little miss Hollyn :)

After that worked out well, I wasted no time in making these birthday gifts for our friends John and Janelle's little girls- Meredith and Analynn.

And of course, my own precious two needed something.....especially since Libby is a firm believer in the notion that sisters must match at all times.



And then this morning I made this baby gift.


Stay tuned-- more craftiness is headed your way. :)
p.s.) I'm hoping if I keep this up, maybe the hubby will buy me a mongram machine. HINT, HINT, HINT..... ;)




1 comment:

  1. Please post how you did the applique without a sewing machine!!! Thanks Li'l.

    ReplyDelete

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.