Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Falling face first

So, falling seems to be the going trend at our house this week. Unfortunately, for Libby- her falling was of the literal sort. She and the gravel at her 'school' got a little too friendly. However, don't worry your pretty little selves about the Libster- it was nothing that a rootbeer float couldn't fix.


Thankfully for all involved, my falling is of a different nature. Ever since I was a little girl, I have dreamed of being a writer. In fact, if I were going to create a bucket list of sorts one of the things that would be on it is to write a book that people will stand in line to read. Well, I'm not there yet, but I do feel as though I'm one step closer. For you see, I've gotten my first official writing job. I'll be writing at least one column a month on the art of writing for a site known as Blissfully Domestic. To say that I am super excited is quite the understatement. Once I write my one writing article, I'm free to submit as many articles as I'd like in any of their categories, which range from spirituality to crafts to parenting. So while I'm not ready to quit my day job, I am wishing I could put my day job on hold for a while, hoard up in front of my computer, and just write my little heart away. To put it mildly, I've fallen face first in love with the idea that maybe, just maybe, one day I WILL write something that people will line up to read (you know, like the way I camped out at Wal-Mart for three hours to get the last Twilight book- and don't laugh, because I'm sure several of you were right there with me).
Oh, one last thing before I go. Speaking of things I love, get a load of this:



Life sure is good sometimes.

1 comment:

  1. of course you'll be a writer! and I'll be first in line! that picture just cracked me up- so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.