Wednesday, June 2, 2010

5 thanks- June


So, besides being over-the-top thankful for summertime, here are some other things that I can't seem to get off my mind and am truly thankful to have found.

1. Rainbow flip flops


I think we've talked about this before, but I am true flip flop kind of girl. I adore them. I'd literally wear them all day, every day if it weren't for winter and her evil ways. Seriously- I put them on in April and take them off in October. And I figure if I'm gonna wear something for seven months out of the year, it should be something comfortable. Hear me when I say, it doesn't get any more comfortable than this. They are 100% worth the investment. They form to fit your feet, and my feet are quite the fan.

Oh, and to make these even better- they were a gift from mi madre. Thanks again, Mom.

2. My daughter necklace



I've been eyeing this for a while now, and I finally gave in and bought it. How did I pay for it, you say? Well, that's a funny tidbit for you. I hocked my high school class ring. Yes, I jumped on the 'sell your gold jewelry for cash' bandwagon, got rid of something I was never going to wear again, and got something I don't plan on taking off any time soon. It has Libby's initials on one side and Hollyn's initials on the other. And I love it.

3. My plants :)



I've tried growing things before, but it has never been anything even remotely close to a success....until now, that is. After seeing my cousin's Zinnias last summer, I just knew I had to have some of my own. Libby and I planted these seeds about four weeks ago. I can't wait for them to actually produce flowers. Wonder how long that will take....I'm not the most patient kid, esp. when pretty flowers are involved.

4. Time to read



As an English teacher, I'm pretty much reading or at least talking about reading for eight hours a day. However, reading to teach and reading to enjoy are two different beings, at least at my house. I was literally ecstatic about my trip to the library today to pick up some summer reads. Reading, to me, is like an escape of sorts. I've been told I read like a ravenous dog. I completely immerse myself in a book, coming up only long enough to eat and sleep....well, scratch that-- I've been known to stay up way past my bedtime to finish a good book. I've been that way as long as I can remember. Reading is what I do, and getting to read just for the fun of it makes the reading twice as good. And, before you ask, don't worry-- if I stumble upon anything I especially enjoy, I'll be sure to share.

5. My comfort food




No, it's not actually food. But it serves the same purpose to me as midnight Oreo's might serve to you. I cannot tell you how many times I've seen this movie. However, it still  manages to make me laugh out loud, think deep, and anticipate my favorite part. I think the main reason I keep coming back to it is because I relate to the main character so well. She's me in movie form, I do believe (minus a few choices I don't exactly condone). And that, my friends, is comfort enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.