Sunday, September 5, 2010

Libby's Cake Decorating Party

This Saturday we celebrated my first-born's sixth birthday...in a big way.
 And I can't wait to share it with all of you.


Since we were going to be decorating cakes, we served cupcakes to our guests.
And what cuter way to display cupcakes than with one of these:





The little ones loved it, especially the pin wheels.

They also loved these:


Each guest had her own place setting.
 It looked like this:





Libby loved her 'Happy Birthday Libby' banner that we hung on the mantel.



The six inches cakes were the perfect size for little hands.


Our guests had these cake toppers to choose from once their cakes were iced.






The Libster said, "It was the best party ever made!"




It was so much fun to sit back and watch what each girl chose.



Personally, I liked Lib's cake the best. Of course, I could be somewhat partial.




The girls loved it; the parents loved it; most importantly-- the Libster loved it.
It was a complete success.


The proof is in the pictures.

***If you want to know more on how I planned this party, made everything here at home, and did it all on a stay-at-home mom budget, check back soon. I'll be posting more on the planning process and little details later this week.***



8 comments:

  1. Looks like a FUN party. I have to tell you, I was looking at your post with Reese and Reese said "who's that, Mommy?" pointing at Libby. I said, "that's Libby." She said "I ike bibby." :) (She obviously cannot pronounce her L's...) I thought it was so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks wonderful- so cute & fun!! :) Happy Birthday to your sweet little lady!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE it, what a cute idea. All the decorations were wonderful!! Way to go Mama!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea! I am sure the kids loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really outdid yourself! The decorations were great and I loved the decorate your own cake activity.
    Can't wait to find out about the planning process.

    P.S.
    I'm a new follower from the Pink Dandy Sunday Blog Hop.

    Can't wait to read some of your older posts and upcoming ones.

    http://alwaysaroundboys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an absolutely amazing party! I bow to your Martha skills

    I am here for the Sunday blog hops and am following you via google reader. I hope to see you at Dropped Stitches.

    xo Erin

    droppedstitches72.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute party! Thanks for visiting my Pancakes and Pajamas Party (http://www.thismommyloves.com/2010/09/pancakes-and-pajamas-2nd-birthday-party.html) and referring me to Party Like a Kid. I submitted there and am a new follower to your blog! Cheers! Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome party idea! I'm visiting from NFF. I have giveaway going on for a $45 CSN Stores GC.
    Please come by and enter!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.