Friday, September 3, 2010

Wire Wreathing at Its Best

Bloggers, meet my front door. Not bad, right?  
However, this weekend is birthday party weekend.
And birthday parties typically require special front door decoration.



So, I got one of these.


It's a wire wreath frame. I got this one at Michael's for under $5, but I've also seen them at Hobby Lobby, Wally World, and on E-bay.  The one I got measures sixteen inches in diameter, which is just perfect for my front door.

Then I got some of this:


The ribbon came from Wal-Mart. It's indoor/outdoor ready, which is great but definetly not mandatory.
For this project I used a roll and a half, and they were about $4 each. You can also use fabric, but whatever you use, I suggest choosing something that's between two and three inches wide. The wider the ribbon, the less work for you. Less work=good.
I then cut the ribbon into strips that were about  six inches long.
 I didn't measure them....they do NOT have to be perfect (I love projects like that).
Then I took the cut ribbon and tied it with just  a simple knot all around the wreath.
I did this in about an hour and a half...while watching tv...and dealing with a fussy baby.
So if I can do it, you can too.

Want to see the finished product?

THIS is what party-goers will see on Saturday:



Cute, right?

To personalize it for the party, I added this six and taped it to a doile. I plan on removing this after the party and reusing the wreath in January...for the OTHER birthday party. I might also add some red and use it for Valentine's Day...or something Eastery and use it then as well....



Mama likey.



Try your best to contain yourselves and come back soon...more party goodies are headed your way.

9 comments:

  1. That's so cute!! I want to make one for fall. It would be pretty in multiple colors, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to read all about you later this evening - glass of wine in hand, better than magazines!
    Followed you from the hop!
    and love your wreath, foresee many holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello I am a new follower from BMBF. I would love a follow back at
    http://megankayden.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally want to do this! What are great idea...thanks for sharing!
    Tasha
    www.dotdotdotthis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely adorable and so many possibilities! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable. I love the little number.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there, I'm your newest follower via Boost your blog Friday. That's pretty cute. You are really talented to create that.

    Looking forward to reading more from you.

    Marie (hope you'll come by for a visit sometime, I love new followers.)
    The Things We Find Inside

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just did this yesterday! I linked to you in my post about it.

    http://haylsk.blogspot.com/2010/09/halloween-wreath.html

    ReplyDelete

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.