Sunday, October 10, 2010

What Baby Wants, Baby Gets: Baby Leggings for H-Town

It has been so cold this week. Ok, so it's not cold today. The cold front (aka only three days of fall we're gonna get here in the South) has long passed. However, those three days were magical. They were filled with dreams of pumpkins and leaves and candy corn and apple cider with caramel and fireplaces.
And I miss them terribly.

Well, a funny thing happened during those three days. Hollyn and I were having one of our daily conversations, you know the kind where I do most of the talking and she occasionally interrupts with a 'goo' or a 'ga'. But this particular day was different; on this day Hollyn said something like, "Hey Mom-- what's a cute girl gotta do to get some leg warmers in this joint?" At least that's what it sounded like to me.
And who am I to deny the girl of her heart's deepest desire.
Baby wants leg warmers, baby gets leg warmers.

So I grabbed a pair of these and two elastic bands I had from a previous project.



I worked some magic and here's what I came up with:


She didn't especially ASK for the matching headband, but in my house leg warmers and matching headbands go together like PB & J. It was a must.



When then proceeded to spend an hour playing doctor. Apparently H wanted to be BOTH the doctor AND the patient, seeing as how she kept ramming the toy thermometer down her throat.




That was all fun until she was over it.


Good thing  I made the headband too, because this face wouldn't be quite as cute without it, right?

Oh, and if you haven't joined in the giveaway fun this week, then I'm thinking you need to get right on that. AND come back soon, because I AM THAT MOM week starts tomorrow. I've gotten some great guest posts planned for you from five wonderful moms. You're not gonna want to miss this.



Linking to here, here, here, here, and here.

6 comments:

  1. Your little one is so cute! I would love to see a tutorial on how to make the headband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this!! So cute! (and ridiculously organized!) Much love - your blog is so very fun! xxoo, h

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got some super cute knee socks for $1 at Target the other with plans to make some leggings, so I came over to see how you made yours. I am totally in LOVE with the matching headband! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am here from the blog hop! I love leg warmers - your baby is darling.
    http://kelleyhautemom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute idea and cute baby! Come link up to my party memakingdo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.