Thursday, October 7, 2010

You Show Me Yours, I'll Show You Mine

I love seeing other people's homes.
I am always so interested to see how they've made their house thier own,
where they've put what, and how each home is so unique,
 not just in design but in how our homes reflect our lives.

Here are a few of my favorite 'things' you'll find inside MY home:



This hangs in our bedroom, and I love the simplicity of it.
Not to mention I am MADLY in love with the color of our walls. They were that color when we moved in, and it was love at first view.
 That's baby Libby...wasn't she precious?



Remember those giant tissue poms I made for the Libster's party?
Well, what exactly does one do with giant tissue poms after the party's over?

Here's what we did with ours:




They found a new home in Lib's room, and she thinks they are so fun. I would have preferred to hang them from the air vent, but it's too close to the fan. However, I found that hanging them from the fan itself was  the solution. Because they're directly under the fan and all bunched together, they barely even sway when the fan is on.


I got this shower curtain monogram idea from a Pottery Barn catalog...ummmm...about seven years ago.
 It's hanging in our guest bath at the moment, and I like to think that it's a little way to make a big statement.


This is quite possibly my favorite thing in my house.
If my house ever catches on fire, once my babies and photos are safe, I'm coming back for this.
It's a Walter Anderson piece depicting the animals going two-by-two to board Noah's ark.
And it's huge.
Massive may even be a better word.
It's almost the length of my full-size couch. And I love it.


And then there's this.
I painted this for Libby's room before we moved into the house we live in now.
She told me what she wanted, where she wanted it, and chose the colors and Bible verse herself.
She was three.
It may not be perfect,in fact if I were to do it over, I'd change at least five things about it,  but I love it.
It's also much bigger than it looks here...I think it's four feet long by about 3 feet tall.
She says she wants it to hang in her baby's room one day.
 How sweet is THAT???

So, I'd love to know. What are your favorite things in YOUR home??
 If you do a post about this, please comment and leave a link; I'd love to see them!

Oh, and today's the last day to enter my headband giveaway. :) The winner will be announced in the morning, as will my newest giveaway-- a super cute Halloween banner from a fabulous Etsy shop owner. You're not gonna want to miss it.
See you then.

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely L-O-V-E the color I painted the walls in my kitchen! I have no idea how to link anything here, but I will try to give you a visual. The color is Sherwin Williams Daisy, and it is a bright and cheery yellow. Kinda like the yellow on a Wendy's cup. I had a dozen people try and talk me out of painting such a vivid color in the room most people walk into first in my home, but I stuck to it and love it! It wakes you up when you are stumbling in for that first cup of coffee and welcomes you to my home with the right amount of our shared personality!! I will figure out how to email you a pic McCall!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your soccer mama comment, fellow soccer ma! ;) Care to follow me? I've loved reading your blog and seeing your crafts and such!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to order a tshirt with your Libby painting on it! (I found something for you in the dollar bin at Target....will put it in your mailbox on Saturday when we come there for band competition.) Trudy

    ReplyDelete
  4. my favorite restaurant ever is full of walter anderson art! it's called sugahs cafe in gunnison colorado. they have them all over the walls!

    ReplyDelete

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.