Wednesday, February 16, 2011

If We Were Neighbors and a WINNER

Let's just pretend for a minute that we are neighbors. Not the kind of the neighbors who casually wave when passing one another on the street, but the kind of neighbors who share stories, and secrets, and cups of sugar, and life with one another.
Well, if we were neighbors, I would certainly invite you over for a cup o' joe, seeing as how I'm somewhat of an addict.


 And while you were sipping and I was downing it, here's what we'd talk about today:

Well, seeing as how you're a neighbor of the caring variety, you'd ask about my back. I'd make my disgusted face and tell you that I hate it. I hate feeling like I can't contribute to my family and that my house is a mess, not by choice, but because I am under doctor's orders not to pick up, put down, or bend. And somehow the fact that the house is a mess because I can't pick it up bothers so much more than when it's a mess because I'm just not in a pick up kinda mood. But mostly, I'd say that my back makes me grumpy because for the next two weeks someone else gets to hang out with the coolest baby ever (aka Hollyn) and for this, I am t-totally jealous. It's one thing when I'm not with her because I'm at work providing for my family; it's a whole different ball game when I'm sitting at home staring at the ceiling fan while she's undoubtedly making someone else's day. And then I'd change the subject.

We'd talk about music......



And I'd tell how excited I am that I've started playing my guitar again...despite the fact that it's probably not so great for my back.
And how I've recently spent my kids' college funds on new I-pod music. And then I'd suggest that you check out Ron Pope, Daniel Doss, and Kevin Hammond. This would probably be the point when I played this song for you, because seeing as how it would have been at least fifteen minutes since I'd last listened to it, I'd probably be suffering from withdrawals.

After you said you loved it, as I'm sure you would, we'd take our coffee out back because the weather is simply too good not to....and we'd talk about spring. I'd ask about your spring break plans, and you'd ask about mine. I would tell you that I truly don't care, as long as whatever I do can be done barefoot. 


And I'd probably mention the canoe trip I'm planning for me, Libby, and Kristen.
You'd say you were jealous, and I'd invite you to come along for the ride.

Then, before you left, you'd ask me about Africa. I would thank you again for ordering your shirt and tell you that if I can sell fifteen more, I will have met my goal. But really, I won't be satisfied unless I sell twenty more, because overachieving is kinda my thing.

And you'd say good job, because you're nice like that.





And then, just as we were heading inside and you were picking up your purse,
you'd smile and ask for another cup, and I'd smile and say 'Sure thing'.


What do you think we'd talk about today if we were neighbors???? 

Oh, and on another note, congrats to  comment #6, Edi McIlwain on winning the Daisymaes giveaway. And a big thanks to all who entered! And if you don't win this one, I still have one going on until midnight tonight...you can enter it here if you haven't already.

Happy Wednesday to you and you and you.

7 comments:

  1. i wish we were neighbors...and friends (IRL). i imagine it would be a beautiful relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Yay!!! I'm excited about my win and if I lived there...I'd totally come by for coffee...if I could have a coke. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I lived closer! I would love to have that kind of a neighbor. Sounds wonderful...

    ReplyDelete
  4. If we were neighbors, I'd totally come hang out. I'd ask for a Diet Coke instead of coffe, though. :) I'd agree on the barefoot in Spring thing. (I can't wait!) I'm a music junkie, so of course we would talk about that.

    I tagged you in tomorrow's post, so be sure to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I don't drink coffee but I sure do wish we were neighbors. I would love that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wrote in my blog what I imagine it would be like to have you as a neighbor! Check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the Bruno Mars song! Thanks for introducing it to me!!! And now I'm going to play it again... :-)

    ReplyDelete

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.