Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Yes, I'm Serious

Last week, I mentioned that we are selling our house after Lib's allergist suggested it. Apparently I should have followed that statement with a 'Yes, I'm serious', because I've had about ten people ask me about it. These convos. have included things such as, "Why don't you just pull up your carpet?", "Can't you just get rid of the cat?", and "Isn't that a bit drastic?". Here's the part when I really wish I could show you photos of Libby's skin. And I would had she not asked me please not to....she's so embarassed and doesn't want anyone to see just how bad it is, and of course I'm going to respect that. However, please hear me when I say if you saw what I saw, you'd know we're already living in drastic. And if all we have to do to help our little girl is find a new house, then can we please move tomorrow?

I've also been asked, "Where are you gonna go?"
Now that's the question of the hour.
Not so sure just yet.
But you guarantee it will carpet and cat free.

Speaking of new house, if anyone is looking to relocate to North Mississippi, here are some photos of our for sale house. I'll be happy to talk details with you.

You can e-mail me at mccallald@yahoo.com

(And for the record, these pics. are some I took when we were looking to buy this house from its former owner, aka-- this is not my decor, although I'd claim it. Also, I'm not showing the front outside of the house for obvious reasons; that's just a bit too scary for me.)


Back patio area, you are seriously my favorite thing about this house, and I'm sure I will miss you dearly.


The kitchen windows look out on the back patio...and I love them.


And I seriously think I'll go my whole life and never again have storage like this.


The master was already painted my favorite color. I think the color may have to come with.....


The kitchen-- again, not my decor, but I'd happily claim it.


The entrance to the most fabulous master bath.


And yes, our den comes complete with columns...and six windows, these three and three just like them on the other side of the room.

You like?


Know what I'm liking?
The fact that you still have a few more days to sign up for my CD SWAP.
Some new music will so do my heart some good.

And thank you so much to the two of you who made donations for Kristen last week.
They were received and are so greatly appreciated.
My readers serious rock.

Anyone out there have any good house selling tips you'd like to send my way?

Happy Tuesday to you and you and you.

2 comments:

  1. Get a good realtor!! Also declutter and minimize personal photos. The buyer has to be able to envision themselves living there. Stage well and keep everything neat and tidy while it is listed. We sold our house within 3 weeks in January-February.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to apologize for asking about the carpet - I was asking for personal knowledge really - I'm pretty sure you'd already thought of that...How is the cat re-homing going?? Is there anything else I can do to help? Please keep me posted on your progress. I'll help in any way I can!! Much love - you do whatever you need for your sweet little one (as if you needed permission). I don't know about Libby's situation, but I do know how heartbreaking Brent's skin is for him. Please know that you are all in my thoughts. Again - anything, just let me know!!

    Much love, h

    ReplyDelete

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.