Sunday, September 25, 2011

Curtains Curtains Everywhere

So this summer we moved.
And while I am slowly falling more and more madly in love with my new abode, there are still many things that need to be done.....starting with the windows.

So, Friday night while most people were out and about having themselves a grand ole' time, I was at home making curtains.

Best part?

I DID NOT SEW EVEN ONE LITTLE STITCH.
That's right, this momma no sewy.. at least not with a machine, and there was no way I was hand-stitching curtains.

So, here's what I did instead:

I found some fabric that I fell head over heels for here and ordered it last Sunday.  It was on my doorstep by Tuesday. Can you say "I highly recommend this site?" because I do.

Then I got out my iron.

And I cut my fabric to fit my windows...leaving a few inches of seam room.

And I ironed a seam.


Once I had my seam marked via iron crease, I cut this into strips:



NOTE: If you do not already have some heat bond on hand, there are two things I would suggest you do.
1. It's available in strips rather than large sheets. This would save you some time and assure for straighter edges.
2. I always use the Lite Hear Bond, but for this project I'd recommend the heavy duty stuff since you won't be sewing. While I used lite and mine turned out just fine, this is the kind of project where stronger is better.

Moving on....

So, I used the heat bond and created a seam all the way around my curtain panels, being extra careful to leave enough room for the curtain rod when I ironed the top seam.



And then I sat back and watched as my kitchen windows went from this:


To THIS:



And THIS:



Seriously, this fabric just makes me happy.
And you can't beat happy.

On that note, I was very happy this weekend when I took Lib to the a birthday party at the movies and then slipped out to watch "I Don't Know How She Does It" all by myself...



And that hour and a half of alone time did me a world of good.

What made YOU happy this weekend?

Also, I still have JUST ONE MORE SPOT available for my I Am That Mom week, which will be here before you know it. If you'd like to fill that spot with your very own guest post, let me know by leaving a comment or emailing me at mccallald@yahoo.com . Hope to hear from you soon.

Oh, and raise your hand if you saw Libby's face here on Friday.
Love that blog.

Here's hoping your Monday can't be beat.

P.S.) Today I'm linking up here, here, here, and here.


2 comments:

  1. Anything that says "no-sew" catches my eye! These are so cute! Thank you for the great tutorial!

    PS I have a $50 cash giveaway going on at my blog right now! Come by when you get a chance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the curtains! Isn't heat and hem the best? This is what I have used to make all my curtains and table runners! The colors look awesome in your kitchen!

    ReplyDelete

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.