Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Wheezing and Coughing and Hacking, Oh My!


First of all, I am MADLY in love with this picture taken by one of my sponsors,  Erin Norman. More to come on that soon and how you can get hooked up with her as well, but for today, this precious face is not so happy. 

She's sick. 
The breathing troubles have returned to our house. 
They were not invited. 
In fact, I am pretty sure I said, "Please take your stuff, get out, and don't ever come back," the last time they visited. 
Apparently they don't play by the rules. 

Funny how things change when we become parents. 
Nothing is about us any more, not our money or our time or our sleep. 

Lee and I took turns staying up all night to check on her. 
We debated an emergency room visit (haven't had one of those in a while; they probably miss us). 
And even when I tried to sleep, it wasn't really happening. 
After the several days we spent in the hospital this spring, I have no desire in my heart to go back....ever. 

Here's to praying this breathing machine kicks the healing into high gear. 
While I am very thankful for American emergency rooms, I really don't wanna go; please don't make me.

I love this little face, smiling or otherwise....but the smiles are definitely my facial expression of choice.
So, if you need me today, I'll be cuddled on the couch with Hollyn, fetching her orange juice, holding her breathing treatment mask, and watching Toy Story for the billionth time. 

1 comment:

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.