Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Bunkbeds and bug spray for the win.



Next to Africa, summer camp is probably my favorite place in the whole world. 
I spent eight summers at camp growing up and then worked at camp for three summers in college. 
It's my happy place. 

I literally love everything about it-- the hiking, the swimming, the bugs, the flashlights, mail call, all of it. 
And so does Libby.

She literally looks forward to it all year. 
This is her fourth summer (we started her early), 
and I won't be surprised if she stretches it out through college. 
She gets it honestly. 

I have always loved her independence. 
She loves me. 
I love her. 
But she also loves meeting new people and having adventures and doing something this is just for her. 
This is one of my favorite things about my girl. 
I love that she's confident enough and secure enough to step out into the world
 and do her own thing for a few days. 

I hope she giggles until her sides hurt and comes home on Friday all kinds of dirty. 
Dirty means fun was had. 
And fun is always a good idea. 

Were you a camper? 
Did you love it? 
Favorite camp memories? 
Do tell. 

And did I mention that I'm leaving for Africa in seven days? 
Because I am. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool people leave comments. Comments make me happy. You do the math.